The MILGEM Sonar Dome has been developed and produced by ONUK-BG to be utilized on MILGEM Corvettes which have been designed and built for anti-submarine warfare and patrol missions.
In order to meet the demanding structural strength and acoustical performance requirements nano-enhanced Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Composite materials have been exploited as the construction material.
1. High acoustical transparency (6kHz – 12kHz frequency range),
2. High structural strength,
3. Low self noise and vibration,
4. High fatigue and impact resistance,
5. Lifetime geometric stability,
6. High dimensional precision,
7. Easy maintenance,
8. Long service life,
9. Low operational cost,
10.High corrosion resistance,
11.Possibility of on-site repair in case of damage,
13.Platform specific technical solutions.